LIU underwriters understand the diverse insurance needs involved in infrastructure and construction – the construction itself, the people, the transport of critical cargo, delay in start-up, and the environment – and our cross-lines approach coupled with our industry knowledge satisfies those needs. Our engineers have the industry experience to help clients control the risks, and our claims professionals have years of experience with complex, multi-party claims.
Our broad business appetite is backed by strong capacity, and we have substantial experience insuring infrastructure and construction across a spectrum of high-end project types:
- Roads, tunnels, rail and bridges
- Power stations and utilities
- Desalination plant, waste and water treatment
- Cement plant
- Pulp and paper mills
- On- and offshore pipelines
- Oil, gas, petrochemical/chemical plant, refineries
- Airports and ports
- Hotels and casinos
- Hospitals and prisons
- Metal and mineral processing plant, mine infrastructure
- Bulk storage terminals
- Manufacturing facilities
- Government (all levels) construction and infrastructure.