Actuarial Analyst / Actuarial Assistant
Apply Now Location: Sydney
Job Type: Contract
Job Area: Actuary
Applications Close: 28.03.2017
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Graduate to join our Actuarial team reporting to the Senior Actuary.
Final year university students and actuarial analysts with one to two year relevant work experience will also be considered.
This is a 12 month contract role commencing asap and is based in Sydney.
About the role – you will be responsible for:
- Assisting with reserving, regulatory reporting, pricing, business planning and other actuarial analyses - these would include data extraction, reconciliation, assumption selection/reviews and the preparation report exhibits;
- Liaising with global actuarial team to ensure quality and accuracy of actuarial data;
- Providing assistance with improving efficiency of existing processes;
- Providing technical support to the business including but not limited to, underwriting, claims, finance, reinsurance and compliance.
About you - you will have:
- Advanced numerical and analytical skills;
- Attention to detail and accuracy skills are critical;
- Solid work ethic is essential;
- Strong level of customer focus –internal facing;
- Ability to prioritise and manage time;
- Good verbal and written communication, and presentation skills;
- Ability to show initiative and be proactive;
- Ability to form quality opinions and make sound decisions based on logical reasoning;
- Advanced level of Excel skills are essential;
- Strong VBA and SQL programming skills;
- Intermediate level of Access skills;
- Proficient working knowledge of PC based system. Applications such as Outlook, Word and PowerPoint desirable;
- Tertiary Qualifications in Actuarial Studies desirable.
For more experienced candidates:
- Relevant experience in the commercial Insurance industry desirable;
- Relevant experience in regulatory reporting desirable;
- Experience with ResQ and @Risk desirable.
How to apply:
If you believe you can make a positive contribution to our team, and want to be a part of LIU’s exciting future, please apply now – we would love to hear from you.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE