Liberty International Underwriters (LIU), offers specialty and commercial line insurance and reinsurance across Asia Pacific.
Find out what it takes to be part of a global Fortune 100 company that exists to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow
- Global company
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Career development opportunities
- Team-work culture
- Interpreting policy coverage and determining if coverage applies to claims submitted.
- Managing and adjusting all incoming insurance claims for relevant business line(s) and/or geographic region and delegating administrative/ processing tasks to the Technical Assistant Pool where appropriate.
- Establishing and setting reserves for indemnity and expense claims, reviewing reserves on a regular basis to ensure adequacy.
- Authorizing payments within scope of authority, settling claims as expeditiously & economically as possible.
- Ensuring that internal and external stakeholders and our clients consistently receive a high level of claims service that differentiates LIU from its competitors.
- Providing clear instructions to external service providers with respect to coverage, investigation and ultimate settlement of claims.
- Actively pursue all avenues of recovery including, but not limited to timely subrogation activities.
- Participating directly in mediation/ arbitration meetings and actively participating in settlement discussions.
- Manage a team of direct reports effectively by setting appropriate goals, providing regular coaching and feedback, identifying development gaps and mentoring.
- Managing the needs and expectations of, and effectively communicating with, your own manager(s) and internal and external stakeholders.
- Providing information to management, underwriting, actuarial and other relevant business units on the existence or development of critical losses and advising relevant trends within the portfolio.
- Working closely with other business lines in raising the LIU profile and assisting in both account retention and new business opportunities.
- Working closely with the underwriting department to promote LIU’s “integrated business unit approach” and ensure seamless delivery of underwriting and claims management services.
- In conjunction with underwriting, reviewing policy terms and conditions including assisting with the production of manuscript policy wordings and endorsements.
- Participating in claims audits when required.
- Identifying suspicious or potentially fraudulent claims, arranging investigation and briefing senior managers and other relevant business units/stakeholders if further action is warranted.
- Providing ongoing technical support to Claims Specialist team members, assisting with claims administration and reviewing work output of assigned reports.
- Working with the AVP/VP/SVP Claims and legal counsel on claims related issues, including strategic loss reduction initiatives.
- Demonstrating behavior at all times in line with the LIU core values.
- Ensuring compliance with all legal, statutory and corporate affairs requirements on a timely basis.
Qualifications and Soft Skills
- Tertiary qualifications in a related discipline would be desirable.
- Significant previous claims management experience in the Insurance or Legal industry essential.
- Sound knowledge of the Insurance Contracts Act and demonstrated ability to understand and apply legal principles to the management of claims.
- Excellent working knowledge of PC based systems and applications such as Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and database systems for managing contacts, schedules and calendars is required.
- High level of attention to details.
- Strong time management skills and proficient in building relationships.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills.
- Proven ability to successfully manage a portfolio of claims.
- Strong business acumen and presentation skills.
If you believe you can make a positive contribution to our team and want to be part LIU’s exciting future we would love to hear from you. we would love to hear from you.