Apply Now Location: Sydney
Job Type: Permanent
Job Area: Finance
Applications Close: 31.08.2018
Liberty International Underwriters (LIU), offers specialty and commercial line insurance and reinsurance across Asia Pacific.
Find out what it takes to be part of a global Fortune 100 company that exists to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow.
- Global company
- Teamwork culture
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Career development opportunities
- Responsible for Credit control and debt collection for Asia Pacific.
- Ensuring proactive communication with brokers to follow up outstanding debt in accordance with LIU policy and procedures
- Processing debt recoveries and resolving debtor issues while ensuring maximum collection results are met. Monitoring debtor’s level, ensuring accuracy and maintaining minimum level of unallocated cash.
- Ensuring processing timelines are achieved by the finance team in accordance with the set service level agreements (SLAs)
- Providing on-going support and completing ad hoc requests in relation to, and not limited to, debtor queries, cash allocations, account receivables and etc.
- Responsible for the implementation of the Accounts Receivables project and rollout of the approved new processes.
- Continuous review and monitoring of processes to identify improvements and drive efficiencies
- Managing Account Receivable Assistants in ensuring debtors and unallocated cash levels are aligned with assigned KPIs.
- Assist management with receivable goals and objectives, timely management reporting, project and debtors risk analysis.
- Coordination of debt management plans with various stakeholders.
- Build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to progress debtors collections process effectively.
- Training and development of the Account Receivable team where required.
- Liaise with team members and brokers in Asia Pacific.
Qualifications and Soft Skills
- Professional finance qualifications with at least 7-8 years’ credit controller experience would be desirable.
- Previous relevant experience in general insurance industry is preferred.
- Demonstrated commercial and debt recovery/collections background and experience is essential.
- Possess a background in general knowledge of the finance/accounting specialization.
- Excellent working knowledge of PC based systems and applications such as SAP, Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and database systems for managing contacts, schedules and calendars is required.
- Possess strong stakeholder engagement abilities, solution driven and be a key advisor on credit control matters.
- Able to prioritise in accordance with the business’ needs and has good time management abilities.
- Must have the ability to build solid relationships, coupled with proven administrative and organisational skills.
- Able to influence others and highly analytical and work autonomously
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Has advanced continuous improvement, process management and negotiation skills.
What’s next for YOU?
Does this role sound like you or know someone great? If so, then we would love to hear from you.
APPLY or REFER someone now, by sending us an email to email@example.com.
Please include your updated resume and we will take it from there.