Apply Now Location: Sydney
Job Type: Permanent
Job Area: Risk & Governance
Applications Close: 12.04.2019
Liberty International Underwriters, offers specialty and commercial line insurance and reinsurance across Asia Pacific.
Find out what it takes to be part of a global Fortune 100 company that exists to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow.
- Global company.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Career development opportunities.
- Team-work culture.
- Under the guidance and supervision of the Chief Risk Officer, provide compliance advice to the business throughout Asia Pacific, in areas including Privacy, Economic and Trade Sanctions, new prudential requirements and the like.
- Assisting with the ongoing implementation of Liberty’s risk management program through facilitation of risk identification and assessment and monitoring / auditing of internal control environment.
- Testing the effectiveness of key business controls through inquiry, examination, re-performance and observation. Validating results with the business process owners and management, highlighting deficiencies or identified gaps.
- Documenting the test results and developing conclusions based upon control design and operating effectiveness.
- Promote a risk aware culture through assisting in the development of written, internet, intranet and other communication strategies for risk and compliance issues and actively engaging with Liberty staff.
Qualifications and Soft Skills
- Previous relevant experience in the General (non-Life) Insurance industry and or a similar role and or Accounting, Auditing or Finance, Audit, Risk Consulting experience. 2-3 years’ work experience is desirable.
- Thorough understanding of risk management, relevant legislation, audit and governance principles via study or previous work experience.
- Bachelor of Commerce, Finance or Business Degree or other related discipline, desirable.
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent time management and process management skills.
- Excellent working knowledge of PC based systems and applications such as Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint as required.
If you believe you can make a positive contribution to our team and want to be part of Liberty’s exciting future we would love to hear from you.
Please click and attach your resume.