Apply Now Location: Sydney
Job Type: Permanent
Job Area: Actuarial
Applications Close: 24.10.2018
Liberty International Underwriters (LIU), offers specialty and commercial line insurance and reinsurance across Asia Pacific.
Find out what it takes to be part of a global Fortune 100 company that exists to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow.
- Global company
- Teamwork culture
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Career development opportunities
We are looking for an experienced Senior Actuarial Analyst that is keen to be involved in managing all aspects of analysis and reporting work for our general Insurance and re-insurance work, alongside a strong, experienced and high performing Actuarial team.
Reporting to the Chief Actuary – Asia Pacific based in Sydney, you will be responsible for the provision of technical and analytical support within the Actuarial function across Asia Pacific.
You will have the chance to conduct and complete reserving, pricing and portfolio analysis across all lines of business. Due to the integrated team approach at LIU, this role provides the opportunity to work closely with and learn from senior actuaries as well as other business leaders.
Your Key Responsibilities: -
- Assisting with liability valuation of selected insurance products.
- Involvement in capital modelling and forecasting across Australia and Asia.
- Liaising with the global actuarial team to ensure quality and accuracy of local quarterly actuarial data and reserving templates.
- Extracting data and completing analyses of the experience of particular lines of business or segments, with a high degree of accuracy.
- Liaising with underwriters to prepare, maintain and update pricing calculators.
- Completing individual pricing analyses using simulation and other pricing methods.
- Recognising and dealing with data and other issues as they arise, and providing results that have been checked and contain minimal errors.
- Providing technical support to other business areas including, but not limited to, underwriting, claims, finance, reinsurance and risk.
- Performing other actuarial analysis to provide business support as required.
Your Key Qualifications and Soft skills: -
- Previous relevant experience in the commercial lines General (Non-life) Insurance industry - 2-3 years’ work experience in valuation and/or capital projection will be an advantage.
- Essential to be pursuing Actuarial studies - Must have completed all Actuarial Part I subjects and be studying Part II or III.
- Advanced level of Excel skills required, with VBA and SQL programming skills desirable.
- Excellent working knowledge of PC based systems and applications such as Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and MS Access.
- Advanced numerical analytical skills with attention to detail and a strong focus on accuracy.
- Ability to prioritize together with good time management skills.
- Possess excellent verbal, written communications and presentation skills.
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Highly proactive, takes initiative and is results driven.
- Demonstrated ability to form quality opinions and make sound decisions based on logical reasoning.
Does this role sound like you or you know someone great? If so, then we would love to hear from you.
APPLY or REFER someone now, by sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include your updated resume and we will take it from there.