Apply Now Location: Melbourne
Job Type: Permanent
Job Area: Casualty
Applications Close: 31.05.2018
Liberty International Underwriters (LIU), offers specialty and commercial line insurance and reinsurance across Asia Pacific.
Find out what it takes to be part of a global Fortune 100 company that exists to help people that embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow.
- Global company
- Competitive salary package
- Career development opportunities
- Teamwork culture
- Works with minimal supervision, pro-actively handles a book of specialty lines claims, throughout the entire claim life cycle.
- Conducts investigations, recommending adequate reserves, monitoring, documenting, and settling/closing claims in an expeditious and economical manner within prescribed authority limits for the line of business.
- Interpreting policy coverage and determining if coverage applies to claims submitted.
- Managing and adjusting all incoming insurance claims for relevant business line, delegating administrative/ processing tasks to the Technical Assistant Pool where appropriate.
- Establishing and setting reserves for indemnity and expense claims, reviewing reserves on a regular basis to ensure adequacy.
- Authorizing payments in accordance with internal processes and within scope of authority, settling claims as expeditiously and economically as possible.
- Ensuring that internal and external stakeholders and LIU clients consistently receive a high level of claims service that differentiates LIU from its competitors. Managing the overall quality and performance of external service providers.
- Actively pursuing all avenues of recovery including, but not limited to timely subrogation activities. Preparing files for suit, trial or subrogation where necessary.
- Participating directly in mediation/ arbitration meetings and actively participating in settlement discussions.
- Providing information to management on the existence or development of critical losses and advising relevant trends within the portfolio.
- Working closely with other business lines in raising the LIU profile and assisting in account retention and new business opportunities.
- Working closely with the underwriting department to promote LIU’s “integrated business unit approach” and ensure seamless delivery of underwriting and claims management services.
- Identifying suspicious or potentially fraudulent claims, arranging investigation and briefing senior managers if further action is recommended.
Qualifications and Soft Skills
- Significant previous claims management experience in the Insurance or Legal industry essential.
- Sound knowledge of the Insurance Contracts Act and demonstrated ability to understand and apply legal principles to the management of claims.
- Excellent working knowledge of PC based systems and applications such as Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and database systems for managing contacts, schedules and calendars is required.
- Tertiary qualifications in a related discipline would be desirable. HSC (or equivalent) essential.
- High level of attention to details and efficient time management skills.
- Highly proficient relationship building skills
- Strong verbal and written communications skills with sound business acumen abilities.
- Has influencing skills and commercially aware negotiation skills.
- Highly developed decision making skills and strong presentation skills.
How to apply:
If you believe you can make a positive contribution to our team, and want to be a part of LIU’s exciting future, we would love to hear from you.
Please click APPLY NOW and attach your CV.
Agencies - we've got this covered!