Apply Now Location: Sydney
Job Type: Permanent
Job Area: Environmental Impairment Liability
Applications Close: 31.05.2018
Liberty International Underwriters (LIU), offers specialty and commercial line insurance and reinsurance across Asia Pacific.
Find out what it takes to be part of a global Fortune 100 company that exists to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow
- Global company
- Competitive salary package
- Career development opportunities
- Teamwork culture
- Sydney based
We currently have an exciting opportunity to join our Environmental Impairment Liability (EIL) team as a Senior Underwriter reporting to the Senior Underwriter, Environmental Impairment Liability.
This is a permanent role commencing as soon as possible and is based in Sydney.
About the role – you will be responsible for:
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with brokers and clients to facilitate the marketing
- and sale and training of the LIU brand and products.
- Reviewing, rating and underwriting new business and renewal business by reviewing and negotiating policy terms/conditions including manuscript wording;
- Executing selling and negotiation strategies to ensure profitability of assigned EIL product line;
- Fostering cross marketing opportunities and working closely with internal departments to deliver a complete service;
- Liaising closely with other product line underwriters, and claims teams in order to provide top level customer service;
- Contributing to an effective team environment by interacting professionally with all team members and providing development, support and assistance as required.
About you - you will have:
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience of underwriting concepts, practices, procedures and techniques, including, but not limited to coverage issues, product lines, marketing, computers and product competition within the marketplace;
- Highly proficient relationship building skills;
- Strong teamwork philosophy and capability – within own team and across the organization;
- Strong verbal and written communications and organizational skills;
- Advanced negotiation, analytical and decision making skills;
- Ability to work independently and autonomously;
- Significant previous relevant experience in the General (non-Life) Insurance industry.
- Significant previous relevant experience in an aligned role with a broker or insurance company.
- Tertiary qualifications in an Environmental discipline would be desirable.
How to apply:
If you believe you can make a positive contribution to our team, and want to be a part of LIU’s exciting future, please apply now – we would love to hear from you.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE