Underwriter, Financial Lines
Apply Now Location: Sydney
Job Type: Permanent
Job Area: Financial Lines
Applications Close: 07.03.2017
We currently have an exciting opportunity to join our Financial Lines team as an Underwriter reporting to the Assistant Vice President, Specialty Casualty Manager, New South Wales.
This is a permanent role commencing as soon as possible and is based in Sydney.
About the role – you will be responsible for:
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with the broker community;
- Reviewing, rating and underwriting new business and renewal business by reviewing and negotiating policy terms/conditions including manuscript wording;
- Fostering cross marketing opportunities and working closely with internal departments to deliver a complete service;
- Liaising closely with other product line underwriters, and claims teams in order to provide top level customer service;
- Participating in audits as required;
- Contributing to an effective team environment by interacting professionally with all team members and providing development, support and assistance as required.
About you - you will have:
- Requires a minimum of 2-3 years professional indemnity, directors & officers, financial institutions and other financial lines related products underwriting experience in similar or related classes of business.
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience of underwriting concepts, practices, procedures and techniques, including, but not limited to coverage issues, product lines, marketing, computers and product competition within the marketplace.
- Highly proficient relationship building skills
- Strong teamwork philosophy and capability – within own team and across the organisation.
- Strong verbal and written communications and organizational skills.
- Strong negotiation, analytical and decision making skills.
- Tertiary qualifications in Insurance, Business or Finance or related discipline would be advantageous.
How to apply:
If you believe you can make a positive contribution to our team, and want to be a part of LIU’s exciting future, please apply now – we would love to hear from you.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.